Monday 14 June 2010

So help me Rhonda...

Hello again Possums (is it rude to steal someone else's greeting?)

Last Friday night our humble Chipping Norton Theatre was graced by the Genius that is Neil Innes. I know what you're thinking- who?- that's what I thought when my Dad said I could have the tickets. Turns out he is a big deal however, he even worked with the Pythons to do a lot of their music (he can be thanked for Brave Sir Robin). Basically my Dad gave me two tickets to see him because he couldn't go so I invited Davina along and he greatly amused us, I mean laugh-until-you-cry amusement! Definitely recommend it, the man really is a legend.

What particularly impressed me was his new social movement, Ego-Warriors, defending self-esteem and individualism. To join the movement just take seven minutes from your life to watch the little video which I shall hopefully manage to fix on to this blog in some way. Obviously it's much better live and perhaps a little more in context but I'm sure you'll get it. Also, I love the way that although he is very talented he isn't at all pompous and big-headed. Met him after the show and got him to sign something and he seems like a perfectly charming old (65 apparently) fellow.



See you soon chaps/chapettes

No comments:

Post a Comment